Thursday, November 13, 2014

God Does Not Need Me

Something that God has really been teaching me lately is that He doesn't need me. It is a privilege to be able to do anything to serve Him. What would be the value in worshipping a being that found it neccessary for me to have any sort of responsibility?

I have been told for a long time that I am not needed in God's plan, but I never really understood. I'm finally beginning to understand with the help of my two year old nephew. He's just a child and he doesn't know how to do very much, but he like to try and do everything. I feel like this is how God sees me. I don't know what I'm doing, but I want to know. I want to practice doing things in order to please my Father. One example that comes to mind is when I was putting something in the trash the last time I was with my nephew. I was about five steps away, and it honestly would have been easier for me to just do it myself, but Kayden wanted to help. He was so set on doing it himself that I couldn't tell him no. He was trying to help me.

When I try to serve God, I do it for Him. It's often easy for me to get in the mindset of being uber important and thinking that if I don't get something done, it will never be done. But God is sovereign and everything will be done according to Him plan, not mine.

It's cool how God uses little things like putting something in a garbage bin to teach us things.

With love,
Tabi

No comments: