Sunday, February 16, 2014

Identity in Christ

The last few weeks at church the college class has been going through a series about our identities in Christ. One of the points that was made the first week is that our identities are not the same as our self-worth or confidence. While I agree that they are not the same thing, I do believe that my self-worth is dependent upon what I believe to be my identity.

I have struggled my whole life with being confident in who I am and what people think of me, but you know what? Who cares?!? It doesn't matter what earthly people think of me. The only opinion I should truly be worried about is that of my Savior.  I'm slowly becoming more confident in who I am in Him. I am who God made me to be. I don't need to hide myself or try to be someone that I'm not just to impress someone, especially a boy. If you are meant to be with someone, he/she will love you for who you are, not who you pretend to be.

Psalm 45:11 says " The King is enthralled by your beauty. Honor him for he is your Lord." and Genesis 1:27 states that we are created in the image of God. Think about that for a moment. God created me and you to reflect who He is! He is a holy, righteous, beatiful God, and He created you in His image.

Who am I to say that I'm ugly or worthless when a mighty God knit me together and told me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139)?  Embrace who YOU are, not who your friend is or that popular girl that you want to be like.

 Let's take a journey to become the lovely, beautiful, joyful people that God created us to be!

Beautifully His,

Tabi Conner

No comments: